Barry Lovelace's Let's Get Fit forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weightlifting questions

Go down

Weightlifting questions Empty Weightlifting questions

Post  JShock Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:15 pm

Hello Barry,

I found your webpage by searching Google for Allentown fitness trainers. My dilemma is this.. I have been working out at my home for the past year. I was 230 lbs 6'1 with no muscle mass to speak of. With dumbbells and body weight exercises and good diet I got myself to 170 and decently cut. 1 year later I am at 180 with moderately decent muscle mass. I know I can only go so far with my dumbbells but I am quite intimidated of coming to a gym. I know absolutely nothing about squats and deadlifts or cable rows...

What I am getting at is, is that I would like to set up a strength training program to bulk up my muscle mass a bit. I would need help with creating a workout routine/split and how to do some of the exercises, sometimes I feel I am working out improperly with bad form, internet videos can't show you everything.

Other then gym fee's what would this kind of help cost me? I like what I read about your gym on your webpage. It would be nice not to be intimidated when walking into a gym. So I am definitely thinking of coming in but would like this info if you could.

Oh and in the meantime what is the proper rest time between sets for someone trying to gain muscle mass. For a year or so I rested 2-3 minutes but recently I have tried just 1 minute.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

John. S

JShock

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum